• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How Old is your "oldest" Fish

How Old is your "oldest" Fish

• Less than 1 year (New tank)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer than 1 yr, Less than 2 yrs

• Longer than 2yrs, less than 3yrs.

• Longer than 3 yrs, less than 4.

• Total voters
mongoose said:
My oldest fish was "Charlie" i had her for 14 years...

tough old fish..

she went to the great reef in the sky about 6 months ago...

:-[ :-[ :-[

Joe
what kind of fish was charlie?

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My mating clown pair, Godzilla and Natashia, are coming up on 7 years. I used to breed clowns. Just like the real world, dominate clowns are always female.

concept3 said:
an old post, but here's my input: Cleaner wrasses fare better in a large tank with lots and lots and lots (did I mention lots?)of fish to doctor up and clean. I've tried numerous times to keep them but to no avail. As far as I know, the labroides are very specific obligatory parasite feeders and unless they are heavily, heavily fed in the tank, their chances of long term captivity is hard. They aren't bred in captivity (unless someone was successful recently), and hence the recommendation of many publications and people in the industry to leave them in the wild. I tried three times, then after reading more, followed recommendations to no longer get them...

Neon gobies however, are a somewhat better fish since they are not obligatory symbionts meaning they can survive without playing cleaners basically :) and no, I've never had them. They're too small for me to see, lol.

While I am still almost 100% against cleaner wrasses in tanks, they ARE being exported from countries of origin much better than they used to be. Less roughly handled, etc. I've seen them come in even to Petco and eat flakes the first day.

I've noticed this trend over the last year or so but it's probably slowly been getting better for a while.

Again, not an endorsement at ALL in owning one of these fish. I had one that I bought from my Petco that was eating the day it came in. I got it when I first started and eventually gave it away. Still alive and eating like a pig to this day. Though does very little cleaning!!!

My Picasso Trigger is my oldest fish (almost 4 years); he was actually one of my first fish when I started the hobby almost 4 years ago.