• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I need a tank stand

Guys, any idea where I can get a stand for a 30g tank?
tank is 18x24, want something like a cabinet type of stand, 3 feet high.

Is it a standard tank or a prebuilt cube? Either way, stands are made for both applications. The Oceanic has a small door for some storage. The stand for a standard 30 gal. either has a door or is just steel framework.

im not sure if its a custom tank or not.. i did see a stand on oceanic website that might work, it was 19x25, which sounds perfect, but where can i buy this stand? they dont have prices on their website.

Most of the area LFS's can order it for you but as an FYI Oceanic stands new are usually really over priced, if cost isn't a concern though I think they look really nice and I like the height. You could also see if anyone here or on RC has one used to sell. I got my 30g oceanic tank and stand for $200 which I think is less then the price of the stand new. Aquatic Obsessions can get them I think and are super to work with.

* you can also check Petco, I don't know if they still carry the Oceanic named ones (I think they private label them now someone told me) but they usually have the cubeish stands there too.

yea, cost is definitely a factor for me right now... i went to few pet shops such as petco, petsmart, etc. they have something similar, but the problem is, since it has open top, tank just sits on the edges, stand has to be exact size to fit the tank, they didnt have anything in my size, im not thinking about getting maybe some kind of cabinet with doors, like a computer workcart or something, they are close to the sizes I need it in, just not sure if they can support the wait, Im guessing full tank(30g) will be about 200-300lbs..

Most tank stand are just that cheap pressed board stuff it seems, maybe Ikea would have something in a good size for a good price that would work for you... you could always beef it up inside with additional wood/supports? Your issue will likely be height with one of those things though, they tend to be lower usually. If it was me I'd still keep an eye out for a used Oceanic stand... good height and seems solid.

I know I look at my 24g aquapod stand (ie the one that they make for it) and wonder every single day how it hasn't fallen over yet...

You could always ask mikem what he would charge ya.. After that stand he made for himself a little 30 galloner would be a nice break.. :) I hope he has time to make me one in the future cause that is going to be the first person I ask.

asking someone to costum build one might cost me more then just buying something already made, i dont want to spend more then 200 for it.. i dont think mikem would want to bother doing it for 200 including materials..