• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID Please

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone have any ideas about this piece? It grows VERY slowly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

199_28_09_07_9_32_28.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you know who you got it from? How long have you had it? Does it ever put polyps out? And if so what do they look like?

Someone might be able to come up with a close guess if we can fill in the blanks?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have no idea where I got it from! I think I've had it for about a year and it's growth is less than 1/4 of what I get from my other SPS.

The color is always a neon green, and it never has polyps out..except on the part that is encrusting on the rock, there is a little PE there. I'll try and get a better picture of it.

reefdrumz:How's your PE on the rest of your SPS?? The reason I ask is because on the left of the 3 main branches towards the bottom I think I may see a red bug(or it's dust on my monitor ;D) Just something you may want to look into, especially since the growth was so slow. IME, I've had red bugs only affect certain corals and leave others alone completely.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Everything else is doing great, I can usually see red bugs in photo's, I'm not seeing it on this one...now I'm going to have to try and take some closer pics.

I have one that looks very similar to yours Brian, it was sold to me as a tenuis. Mine didn't have polyp extention until I moved it closer to the light and in a high alternating flow area.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Tom, unfortunately I can't move it any closer to the light, it's encrusted on large piece of rock...

Maybe I'll have to frag it and try it in a different area...

It is an Acropora sp and that is all one can say from a pic. :D Even Veron or Eric can not ID from a pic. And once they have been in systems for a time, fragging etc., not even Veron can ID them with the coral right in his hand :lol: