• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

in living color aquariums?

I purchased a mated pair of percula clowns and a small sailfin tang from them. The fish are still very healthy and doing great to this day. I didn't see any sick fish there when I bought mine and did not check out their corals because at the time I only had a FOWLER. Hope this helps.

I bought 2 fale perc clowns and a 6 line wrasse from there when they first opened. At that time everything in their tanks looked OK. I have been back since then and there have been a lot of sick fish in their tanks, I haven't bought any more fish from them. That said, the fish I did buy have been healthy, so I can't complain.

Tina

falconut

NJRC Member
I have bought the following fish & corals from them:

Female Blackspot Angel
Mated Pair of Watanabei Angels
Super Tiny Female Watanbei Angel

Acro Coral
Orange Plate Coral

I still have the Blackspot, fat & healthy. I lost the pair of Watanabei's to a 12+ hour power failure, they were extremely healthy and doing great. The super tiny Watanabei, was only the size of my finger nail and I never should have gotten one that small. But I couldn't find any others at the time so I did and she only lasted 1 1/2 days. The Acro is still doing fine. So, out of the 6 items I bought, only 1 item really didn't do well and it was my fault. So I can't complain too much about them. Just examine all purchases and make sure they eat before getting. HTH

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I found them to be over price on there live stock. I found many coral and fish for much less money.

I won't argue wth anything anyone has said here. However. I think you'll be hard pressed to find a sick fish in that store, unless Jeff is on vacation. I know Jeff personally and he takes care of all the fish there, freshwater and saltwater. He' very good at what he does and spares no expense to keep all the fish alive and healthy. He takes it very personal when living creatures under his watch aren't well. I can't speak for the rest of the emloyees. I know they cause many headaches for him. Unfortunately finding experienced people to feed and net fish has got to be very difficult and the people who are experienced generally shy away from dealing with customers. Personally, I don't blame them after hearing some of the horror stories. Stop in, talk to Jeff. I'm sure you'll find him to be quite knowlegeable on most things, if not exceptionaly knowledgeable. I have no vested interest in the store, but it would be good to see a nice local store like ILC survive and flourish. I give them my business whenever possible.

Oh yeah and thanks for letting speak my mind. Jeff don't kill me for mentioning your name. :p

I agree a nice store, carrys nearly everything. Close to home, 20 minutes away there are very few stores in the south jersey area 8)

I purchased a AquaClear 110 pump for $50 and found it for $60 on MarineDepot. I also purchased a scooter blenny and a coral beauty from the
store. Coral beauty is alive and well but the blenny didn't make it. I have seen a few dead fish in their tanks and find there fish to be a slight pricey.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Slight Pricey No very over Pricey :eek:. I have seen live stock elsewhere for much less. that is why I have not been back in all most a year now ;D

Over the last couple of months the prices have been dropping a little here and a little there. They have also been getting in some nice selections.

I stop by at least every Friday and pickup a few hundred bucks worth of corals and whatnot. Last week I did my normal Friday night stop by and picked up 7 or 8 nice corals and found out there were getting in a nice selection of Maxima Clams the next day so back I went for 9 more clams on Saturday.

ILC is my favorite store in the area these days with the Aqaurium Center a close second (used to be favorite).

I still think AC has overall healther fish on a regular basis but ILC is improving leaps and bounds and has the best coral selection in the area in IMHO.

I used to think their prices were too high also but these days they are right in line with what they should be and I'm told they will continue to drop.

Carlo

ILC is a club sponser. They were also VERY good to us recently on the Rock Group Buy.

The more business we can bring them, the more purchasing power they will have. That means better selection and better prices.

They are a bit of a drive for me, but there is literally NOTHING down where I'm at, so I definitely frequent them.

It's important to support LFS like ILC who are trying to integrate themselves into the hobbyist community. I for one don't want to see all the small LFS close up and be forced to deal completely online. I think a little extra price is worth the face to face interaction, the advice, information, and the ability to SEE the fish/coral before you purchase it, as well as the ability to take it home with you that day and not have to worry about what the UPS guy is doing to your poor fishies box! (I've seen what that guy does to other boxes, holy moses, I can't imagine what THAT trip must be like!)

I second that....... Too many small stores are closing up because everyone is going with other people because they will save $5! I will pay the extra $5 for the face time and advice.

This is the same with all small stores! Think about the extra help you would get years ago at a small hardware store. They guy would practically built what you wanted for you just to help. Now you go to Home depot and they usually give you the wrong advice because they do not have the skills necessary for it!

This is an old thread and i have since bought fish from ILC. they are doing great and their prices were extremly fair. i will definately be buying most of my stuff from them in the future, especially since they are so close to me. finally a descent place close to home. ;D

Purchased a black and white perc clown after the Feb. meeting and is very healthy and doing just fine. Ed is improving the store weekly, and is very knowledgable. Trying to get the clown to host a seabe anem no luck so far. Thanks DEAN

print a picture of the same type of clown fish in color and tape it to the side of the tank. the clown fish will see it and soon start hosting. may take a couple days. i swear this worked for me.