• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

In tank media baskets

I was given one of these for Christmas.. I wanted one, but I just couldn't justify spending the $50 on something so trivial.. I didn't think it would make a huge difference.. Boy was I wrong!

I run my nano cube 28g LED pro with the pump chambers about half to 3/4 full. I just prefer some overflow over the wall.. I pulled out the stock basket (which regularly overflows and I feel it doesn't really provide enough water through the media in there if it is just flowing over the top) Firt thing I notice is that the intank one is much larger.. I would say maybe an inch deeper and an inch or more taller. The holes where nice and large as well. I switched out the media from the old to the new.. The chambers seem about the same size more or less. The intank is much cleared and would be better for macro algae for those that use a chamber for a fuge.

I placed it into the tank and noticed the walls go up much higher, so this should stop the overflow issue. I then turned the pumps back on and watch for a minute while all the water in the back stayed the same level and the tank level was still low.. The flow through this this is amazing. Also, the top chamber has plenty of room for a bag of media and filterfloss.. I run mine with perguin / floss in first chamber, chemipure elite in second and rubble in the third. I may wind up switching the order at some point though.. I did notice the particles that got stirred up in the main tank (I had some dead spots which where remedied by adding an mp10) where quickly sucked into the overflow.. this didn't happen with the stock basket.

I can't sing enough praises about this thing.. I would highly recommend this as a must do sooner then later.. I wish I had this in my tank from day one. Figured I would do a quick little write up about it for anyone else like me who was on the fence about it.