• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is this excellence too far gone?

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
To be fair it sounded a bit off... but yes, you were right. Thanks. Keep your fingers crossed - as they say: it ain't outta the woods yet

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Continued progress - it kind of looks like a jiffy-pop popcorn tin - if anyone remembers what they looked like...

45744591.jpg

152c1f8a.jpg

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
I just dipped it once. It seems to be doing better so I didn't want to set it back with a dip. Maybe in a few days I'll dip it again. This morning I found it knocked over in the sand bed. Guessing a snail bulldozed it.. Looked pretty bad for an hour or two but by noon things were back to where they were yesterday.

depending on the elegance where it is from and how it was shipped makes a big difference.. for a long period elegance corals were very hard to keep. they pin pointed the shipping methods and have since gotten better. here is two specimens i have. one is from indonesia. long tentacle. the other from australia. short stubby tentacles. the long tentacle seems to like much more flow then the ausie variety. they both like it down low in the tank. both went through a period of not coming out and at one point i thought i would lose both. be patient give them a chance, feed them and leave them be once you seem to find a happy spot..

P5110455.jpg

this indo has now been around for close to a year and is over ten inches and very healthy..

not the greatest pic but you can see the short tentacles
PB200008-1.jpg

Last edited:

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
That Indonesia is beautiful. I believe the origin of mine is Australia. The top pic looks to have the shorter tentacles. It was ok on the tank I took it from and in mine for the first few days. Also what I read about the disease suggested that they died pretty fast once they started to decline. This has now been hanging in for 6+ weeks in pretty much the same condition. I'll keep watching it and keep fingers crossed.

I tried one once, and it seemed to be doing great. Then one day my Blue Devil's decided it was a good place to dig holes around and kept covering it with sand. I tried to clean it off with a turkey baster, but ultimately it just retracted and died.