• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Is this pump Ok for a 265 tank?

Hey there ppl I was thinking on ordering my pump this week. I was researching them, I kind of like this one think I will buy two incase of a problem down the road I can just switch it out and get one fixed. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idproduct~DP4030~idCartRow~11854108~isKit~0.html
is this over kill for my 265 with a 120 gal sump/refug I also want to try to run all my equipment off this one pump with a Manifold type setup to try to cut down on a million pumps and electrical costs ,is this possible or am I pipe dreaming? thanks in advance, Bobb

that makes sense I was just trying to be cheap and run one for less electrical consumption. now would I use the same size pump for both or a smaller one for the other components. I just don't want to buy a pump find out its wrong and then buy another I want to do this once and done. I guess what im saying is HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! Bobb

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I love the manifold on my setup...I use the Reeflo Dart as my return, feeding the main tank, Phosban reactors and fuge. I use a separate pump (Iwaki70) to run my Skimmer.

Thanks brian sounds like a two pump setup is in order. I like to have the smart guys opinion b4 I spend my HARD earned money. Im going to PU a dart today. Thanks Bobb I can never make it to the meetings they always fall on birthdays or my wedding thingy (this month) and I want to see the 265 setup @ Ed and jens due thats the one I'm putting in. Thanks Bobb

Picked up the dart pump for the return OOH I love electrical stuff. saw a bad accident on the way too car got Tboned woman was stuck in the car. But I got my pump. Thanks guys