• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Its Squared! My 80 gallonish tank

So considering our pending move i bought a tank for when it happens. This one needed to be cleaned up and a stand built for it. Here are some pics. I spray painted the back with krylon and so far so good, Plumbing and stand come next.
36 x 36 x 13, Half inch thick glass and euro braced.
tank.jpg

tank1.jpg

sick tank! it would have been even better if u could view it from all sides imo. center overflow? is it drilled for returns anywhere?

Not drilled for returns but im lookin into doing some small pvc tubing and hiding it under the euro bracing.

I would have done an island tank but we dont really like the idea of having a tank in the middle of the room. The blacked out side will be against the wall with view on three sides.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Nice no more nano for you. Now I will stop messing with you to buy a bigger tank.

I would come over the top with a sea swirl.

Im going to cut some pieces of flat lick rock in half with a saw and then chip away a 1.5 inch center hole and stack them on each side.

That way i can take them down and clean them off.

Im going to do a pvc pipe over flow with a cap.

ReeferNets said:
Not drilled for returns but im lookin into doing some small pvc tubing and hiding it under the euro bracing.

I would have done an island tank but we dont really like the idea of having a tank in the middle of the room. The blacked out side will be against the wall with view on three sides.

oh ok makes sesne. any aquascape ideas?

Def islands,
I hope to have one main jetty type structure in the middle that will be part of the rock work of the over flow.

Then two small coral islands one with zoas and the other LPS Or another carpet anemone.

As always life throws us a curve and im moving the third week in september!!!!!!

But the good news is the tank is going up quicker.

We might sneak down for a couple hours to macna but only one day!!!

On the lighting issue im going to stick with my current aquatinics fixture. until i can upgrade to a bigger set of lights. Side note i emailed chris at ice cap about helping me get some specs on their 8 bulb retro fit and having a friend of mine make me a aluminum shell. Have ice cap make me a fixture How cool..

Stand im looking over my options but it has to go up to the apartment in two pieces the hallway is two narrow.

Plumbing i got my ideas i just need to figure out how to do the returns and sump.

Im gonna go with either a 20 gallon long or a an acrylic sump, that is shorter then 36.