• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jaa's 120 build

I figured since I'm on this forum I might as well post on here as well. I started a 120 build, it is actual in the process of cycling/sitting fallow. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone. My 65 had an ich outbreak after I didn't QT one of my fish. So this time every thing will go through treatment even if there are no signs. Now for the build, the tank is an Oceanic standard 120 with dual corner overflows. I went with a 40 breeder for the sump with 3 sections. First section is 16"x16" for the skimmer, it is a Reef Octopus xs extreme 200. Next is the fuge section, also where I keep both 250 watt Jäger heaters. I don't remember the exact dimensions, the third section houses the return pump an Ehiem 1262, it will also house the GFO reactor, a Reef Octopus reactor. I have it just haven't plumbed it in, still working on running wires and getting everything how I want it.
I will just list the rest
Marineland pro lighting with 2x150 MH and 4 T5's as well as 4 blue LEDs.
Lights in fixture 2 14k Phoenix 3 ATI blue plus and 1 purple plus.
Custom ATO container with tsunami ATO system
100 lbs of live sand 80 in DT and 20 n fuge.
150 lbs of live and dry rock.
Custom built stand
Not sure if I'm missing something but I might be pics will be posted soon.

To smooth things over with the GF on the upgrade we agreed she could pick out half the fish. I didn't realize it at the time but this is going to be an Angel heavy tank it looks like. I always liked the fish more than the corals and if any coral is getting nipped or eaten it can be removed and placed in the coral tank. So here is the stocking list so far and most likely the end of it. All of these fish are in QT right now except the Black Tang which is in the coral tank. But will be going into the 120.
A 3" Cream angel (GF choice)
Less than 1" Juvi lemon peel (GF choice) I have never seen one this small in 20 years.
1 1/2" flame angel a mutual choice.
1" Flameback (my choice)
A 2" Rock Beauty (my choice) this was never even considered because of their track record. The price was right on it and it eats everything and anything so far except pellets and flakes.

3" black tang, had it for over 2 years since it was the size of a quarter.
And one Japanese Lunate Fairy wrasse, there was a female but lost it during the ich outbreak.
Also a leopard wrasse currently in coral tank with BT.
All angels are currently in the QT tank, so far no issues with aggression besides the flames occasional chase of the other 2 dwarfs. I know this is a heavy bio load, the dwarfs will be introduced first all together, than after 2-3 weeks the Cream and Rock Beauty will go in, after another 2-3 weeks the wrasses will go in and then the Black tang last. The first fish will go in the first week of March. Sorry for such a long post.