• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just bought a pair of Cirrhilabrus pylei wrasses

They were at Tropiquarium for a few months now. Had my eye on them for a long time. $200 for the pair, but I got them for a pretty deep discount when I exchanged some fish that I needed to get out for them. Won't go into details there, though.

But man alive are these fish awesome. My new centerpiece for the 39G CADlights tank that I'll be setting up soon (after I buy it, that is!). Wanted these fish for ever. Anyone else have any experience with Pyle's Wrasse? They already eat like pigs on Arcti-Pods, which is a good sign.

I figure that I'll have success with these guys because they obviously were settled in and such and have been living and eating for some time now.

Will try and get some pictures of the lovely couple up soon.

a-vanuatu-pylei-wrasseLA.jpg

Roughly what they look like for anyone who hasn't seen them. But I do want a nice shot of MY pair ;)

MikeM said:
Nice catch. I had my eye on them a few weeks ago.

Same. I've been watching them like a hawk each time I came in. I've gotta say, if I had paid the original $200, it wouldn't have been even close to a bad deal. So what I got off of them made it even nicer.

Love these fish already (though they hate my Bartlett's Anthias and have chased him a few times already).

Best buy I've made in a long time.