• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kalk Stirrer

My pH is low right now as well - I'm sure over time dosing both it'll stabalize so I'll take your word and get both.
Listen. I’m no chemist. And never take just one dudes recommendation. Test. Go slow. And adjust gradually. What’re chemistry is easy to knock out of whack. Best of luck and happy holidays friend.

Look in to tropic marin all for reef it's a all in one. Its alkalinity, calcium, magnesium and trace elements. I use it on my nano works very well. All you need is one dosing pump. Brs sells it and they use it on some of their office tanks.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Look in to tropic marin all for reef it's a all in one. Its alkalinity, calcium, magnesium and trace elements. I use it on my nano works very well. All you need is one dosing pump. Brs sells it and they use it on some of their office tanks.
I am not sure of my mag levels just yet - so I'm not sure I wanna start dosing that no sps yet just some lps and mostly softies

This is what I'm thinking: mag comes with it so win win
Screenshot_20191224-134023.png

Magnesium is just as important as alk and calcium if your magnesium is low it will be hard to balance your alk and calcium. All for reef doesn't add enough magnesium to increase your level just maintain your current level.

For a dosing pump you can get a kamoer x1 it's a couple dollars cheaper and bluetooth controlled so you dont need a separate controller or timer like the brs pump. I have one running for over a year with no problems and the app is easy to use.[/QUOTE]

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still dosing kalk via my ato for the longest without issues.....and my tank is all softies. I'm doing about 2.5tsp per 5 gallons, just mix in and let it set.

How about the Jebao dosers? 4 channel is $38
I had one a couple years ago It did not work very well the heads would constantly drip and get alot of air bubbles in the lines making it not dose right. Ended up just throwing it in the garbage.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I had one a couple years ago It did not work very well the heads would constantly drip and get alot of air bubbles in the lines making it not dose right. Ended up just throwing it in the garbage.
Good to know. I intend to buy a doser. Currently use a bucket with airline tubing and an air control valve to drip into the CPR auqafuge each day