• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kharn's 101 nano cube 6 stock, aussie acans, rare zoas and lps

Hey guys getting back into the swing of things, i am going to stock this tank right away. Got some sweet coral commin just thought i will leave you with some teasers, i will also be using stock lighting this will be a first for me. No more crazy MH mods. Here is my tank, i will prob more the rock around this week a little but here it is for now :). I am getting a huge frag order in for my tank should be next Monday :)

The coral's where pics from kenny, hope he doesn't kill me hahha..
This is my tank right now empty and bare...one more week :)

here is some eye candy..till then..also i am not a retailer don't ban me ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As long as your not acting like a retailer, nobody's going to treat you like one! :D

Those purple acans are amazing!

Yeah they are! I would not mind a piece of that for my AP. Let me know when you will be fraggin for the group. Good Luck!

i am deciding that the lighting right now is bad for my frags. So either i am going to get and extra PC making it 6 WPG, i like PC cause the run cool and it allows me to put my lights on longer. Or get MH lighting, i could mod that bad boy in there easily. Pro= more then enought light + growth like crazy. Cons= need to get parts full hood mod could cost 210$ easily, plus an auto top off....what do you guys suggest i should do....

This is a tough one and then not so much. I like actinics so I just couldn't go with a t5 unless I could throw in another fixture that had actinics as well. MH would cook this tank depending on height and just seems like a huge ordeal, but does have actinics. I would figure out the par of LEDS and do a DIY led hood that provided a nice 10k white, a nice 460nm and 490nm actinic and add in a couple moonlights to boot. Might cost you even less, but it would be pretty kool. If all else fails I would go over to nanotuners and see what they suggest.

mynd said:
This is a tough one and then not so much. I like actinics so I just couldn't go with a t5 unless I could throw in another fixture that had actinics as well. MH would cook this tank depending on height and just seems like a huge ordeal, but does have actinics. I would figure out the par of LEDS and do a DIY led hood that provided a nice 10k white, a nice 460nm and 490nm actinic and add in a couple moonlights to boot. Might cost you even less, but it would be pretty kool. If all else fails I would go over to nanotuners and see what they suggest.

I may be misunderstanding but my T5 has actinics.

Hello there,

The reason your t5 dual has actinics is because it is on a tank that is a normal size. I have yet to see a t5 that would fit on a 6 gallon tank that has both or a 50/50. I might have missed it, but most of the ones that are like 12" wide only have a white bulb. I was just looking for a link but I will post it once I find it to the mini t5's. Hence the reason I figured something DIY would be best and cost less if the output of leds at 6w per gallon could be acheived. Can I get dimensions of your tank or just let me know if your tank is a JBJ 6 Gallon Nano Cube with (2) Nite-Vu LED Moonlights.

well i am gettin MH for this tank...LED would be way to expensive to create....I ordered a hood alread that is made of wood, one of matt geko's hoods....I just pray that the heat will be under control...and i will get an auto top off...sigh...more money :)

Hmm...its about intensity of the Bulb...right for coloration? Cause the PC, will produce 6 wpg if i get the upgrade...but the colors won't pop...

Dual PC's? Which would also produce heat as well....hmmm i need some feedback what you guys think....If dual PC produce as much heat as MH, might as well get MH right???

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure, but I don't think PC's would generate as much heat as MH. Also, if I understand your question, it's not intensity (or watts per gallon) that affects coloration. It's more the bulbs "color temperature".

okay..i can't keep this tank stock anymore....my stuff is starting to fade....i am going to mod this safely with a 70 watt MH bulb 20K and put a rainbow monti in as the final piece.....some one lend me a camera...i really changed this tank around...sigh...i even got some watermelon chalices in there.....followed by duncans and a ric colony...