• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kole or tomini tang

deciding between a Kole and tomini tang (one, not both). Anyone with experience with either/both that cares to share their thoughts it would be greatly appreciated. Aggression, how good they are at grazing algae, hardiness, etc. sounds like they’re not a threat to Corals-if you’ve experienced otherwise please share. thanks!

A little concerned how they may mesh with their the tailspot Benny. From what I’m reading people have had success and others have had trouble. Tailspot is well established, not sure that matters.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Had a Tomini when I had my bigger tanks and its the only fish I've ever missed.
In with clowns, wrasse, anthia, and misc and never had a concern.
Calm cruiser, would keep algae at bay if small fronds, curious enough to come to the glass and watch what was going on, never harmed a coral, could hand feed, then back to calm cruising.
Perfect fish. Except for that time it pulled a knife on me...

Last edited:
Thanks all for your input. Going to check out them out today and decide between the two.
Martin Riggs, I hope things are going well with the baby if he/she is here yet!