• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Koralia 4 or 3???

dont mean to hijack but im contemplating the same thing for my upgrade. im not sure if i should go with 3s or 4s. im leaning more towards the 4s. its a 5 foot long 80 something gallon tank ( it was custom built so its an odd one ) and i have a mag 9.5 return prob. going to go with the 2 spout locline. can anyone give advice if i shuold do 3s or 4s? thanks

I am not a hydor koralia user - but i imagine the answer depends on whether you use the controllable version or not. Also depends if you plan on having any SPS in the tank and how deep this sand bed is going to be.

Now if I were designing a shallow sand bed (less than 2 inches) of say .5~1 mm grade sand, I'd probably go with 4s in any tank that is 4 feet or longer in length. 3's if the tank is shorter. But then again I prefer tunze over hydor myself. I know it is more expensive but I like the long-term reliability and re-sale value (should i ever need to sell).

So maybe 2 3s for the 72 and for the 5 foot tank I'd go with 2 4's for sure.

I would go with the 4s on the 5ft tank, if you want sps on the bow then just buy the 4s. I love the pumps personally. I don't have any problems though use the flow directors. Without they can kick up a ruckass.