• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LFS Ratings

I am surprised to see that Hanover Pet / AKA Aquatic Visions, has not been mentioned. ? .
btw - I am new to NJREEFERS so pardon me if I am not up to speed.
The only stores that I have gone to are Hanover, Absolutely Fish, Pet Shanty and OGII,
This link is great - I never knew about other stores and their locations
http://zoyzoy.com/aquarium/aquariumstoresmap.asp?Zip=08610&Size=800
My experience thus far has been
Hanover - use to be good but is going down fast.
Absolutely Fish - nice and pricey
Pet Shanty - good deal but somewhat limited
OGII - good for supplies? and pond stuff.

Has anyone been to Fishtown USA in Flushing Queens?
I went with a relative on a Friday night and people were literally lined up buying fish and corals (Large Tangs for $10.00).
I know it’s a haul but apparently there are a few stores right in that area and they all compete for business, so prices are GOOD!

Hey webmaster - could we possible set up a poll to see which store people like the best?

Dan

Hanover is going down because the management keeps firing the good people. I know, I got fired.. I know alot of the BS that went on, and it really started to take its toll on a shop that had an awesome reputation..

Just keeping regular shipments coming in was becoming a problem, though we at the shop could never figure out why, especially when we sold pretty much everything we had received..

For the record, I am no longer there, neither is Joey T, Steve, Joe (JoeTBS on RC) or Lauriston. Soon enough they will push Warren out, and at that point I wouldn't give the place 6 months..

I justed added my store to the list. We primarily did wholesale to metro NYC area, and maint. However we just renovated the retail to be more customer friendly.