• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lion Fish

Hey guys I have an extra 29g sitting here and I was thinking of putting couple lbs of live rock on it and keeping a single lion fish in there.. nothing else...

What do you guys think?..

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
A 29 makes a great tank size. Go for it! You can put some really fun inverts in there depending on the fish you choose.

awsome.. I was thinking of not crowd it too much... since I know a lion needs in reality a bigger tank...

then I can feed him guppies and my wife can cry!!!!...lol

as long as its a dwarf species you should be fine. make a cave for the lion fish. my friends lionfish hangs upside down in the cave it looks so cool.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Depending on where you live, you can snag some grass shrimp from the shore over the summer. Throw them in with the lion and watch him go! It may make your wife cry but you'll love watching them hunt. It's really cool the way they hover and use their "wings" to corral the shrimp into a corner and then pounce.

You guys are making me anxious...

I have the rock but its dead.. so It will be a while...

I'm thinking of just keeping the really low light bulb....

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
This post is going to force me to buy a Fu Man Chu if it doesn't slow down. This the first time I don't have one in my tank.

Ricky said:
but I want a volitan lion.... Am I gonna need a bigger tank for him?

yeah dude. min tank 60 gallons as a juvi. they get to be over 14". you need to get at least a 125-150 +

dwarfs are cool my brother has a dwarf fuzzy at his place. its black, and his name is tupac lol they are so cool. at night when they are not out on the prowl, tupac sits in his cave upside down like a bat