• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lobo Help

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not sure why Lobo doesn't do well in my tank. I never see anything bother them. The last one I bought is on the way out even taking suggestions from vendor and members here.
I really want these but not sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated as I want to get more.

Parameters:
Alk - 9.6
Calc - 450
Ph - 8.0
Mag - 1280

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
Not sure why Lobo doesn't do well in my tank. I never see anything bother them. The last one I bought is on the way out even taking suggestions from vendor and members here.
I really want these but not sure what is wrong. Any help appreciated as I want to get more.

Parameters:
Alk - 9.6
Calc - 450
Ph - 8.0
Mag - 1280
What do you feed it?

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have tried target feeding Reef plankton and phyto with no results. I have a smaller one that extends tentacles but not the new one.

horseplay

NJRC Member
I have a small one grows slow but did split into two heads recently. Generally healthy. I do not feed it.

I have it under partial shade and low flow. I don't think it likes a lot of lights.

Adam L

NJRC Member
What are your NO3 and P04? I had a metallic green trachy that did well for several years then died during fallow. Those two parameters were all over the place. Replaced it with a similar trachy and it too died (pic left below) but It turned out my alk bottomed out. i know I am saying trachy and not lobo, but people tend to use both names. My lobo has soldiered through it all; one of the oldest corals since I started 5 or so years ago. Like everyone says stability is key to success, but keeping things stable is harder than it seems. Even when you think you have everything dialed in things seem to go wrong. My alk bottomed out because I didn’t change out my two part quckly and it got below the siphon tube in the auto doser.

Attachments

• 2C27351D-B2EA-40F2-BE54-F9ADE3479530.jpeg
    2C27351D-B2EA-40F2-BE54-F9ADE3479530.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 7C6F8B38-4BC7-4EC1-81D5-BEA3F5088A95.jpeg
    7C6F8B38-4BC7-4EC1-81D5-BEA3F5088A95.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited: