• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for a cover for a 75g tank

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Hey guys, im having a dang zoo in my tank lately a lot of splashing going on daily for some odd reason. Looking for Somone to either build me one or if they have one for sale but i need a plexi or some type of bordered lid for my tank let me know or even some ideas how to build one maybe

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Pick up some mesh and replacement rails kit and corner connectors. I have the tool to push the rubber to hold screen if you need to borrow it

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Pick up some mesh and replacement rails kit and corner connectors. I have the tool to push the rubber to hold screen if you need to borrow it
I thought if thay but the water will still splash out was thinking doing like a plexiglass border with like center cutouts wirh mesh so if they do splash it won’t go completely put

Check out poly carbonate from the big box store. I use it on my 120 and it doesn’t effect par too much. Keeps all my fish where they belong and mounts flush on my plastic frame. I cut small doors and glued lexan hinges I got from Amazon to make 2 access doors

Attachments

• IMG_1831.png
    IMG_1831.png
    764.1 KB · Views: 3

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Check out poly carbonate from the big box store. I use it on my 120 and it doesn’t effect par too much. Keeps all my fish where they belong and mounts flush on my plastic frame. I cut small doors and glued lexan hinges I got from Amazon to make 2 access doors
mm ill check it out this week in home depot plexi would work nicely problem is its crazy expensive now and the thickness needs to be pretty high plus my lights heat it up to the point it starts to bow alittle so id need a good 3/4 maybe

You are correct plexi would def. warp. This is not plexi. This is polycarbonate which will not warp at all. I have a Kessil Ap 700 2 hydra 26’s and 4 t5 bulbs over it and it is perfectly fine. A 2x8 ft piece is 45.00

Attachments

• IMG_1832.jpeg
    IMG_1832.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 3

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
You are correct plexi would def. warp. This is not plexi. This is polycarbonate which will not warp at all. I have a Kessil Ap 700 2 hydra 26’s and 4 t5 bulbs over it and it is perfectly fine. A 2x8 ft piece is 45.00
Yup I’ll go check it out hopefully this weekend get it done i don’t need a door either I’ll just make the middle cutouts with mesh i just need like 3 inches from the borders of the tank covered

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey guys, im having a dang zoo in my tank lately a lot of splashing going on daily for some odd reason. Looking for Somone to either build me one or if they have one for sale but i need a plexi or some type of bordered lid for my tank let me know or even some ideas how to build one maybe
Found some of the glass I got- one is 9" x 22.75, 2 0thers are 5" x 23.75 ( one is missing a 2" x 3" wedge in a corner ) both have handles- all clear glass- I should have a f 4th one,- just have to look more, but I do have another full cover for a 75, but it's tinted- let me know if you want any or all- will take pics tomorrow