• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mega Flow Sump 3

I have a question i want to run pvc pipe through the bottom of my tank from my tank to my pump over to my chiller and back into the tank. I have a reef ready tank which is pre drilled if i remove the line under the tank which goes into the sump will that have constant water running or does it stop at a certain point. I dont want to remove that line and 110g of water is everywhere. Im scared to check i think once the sump is filled up there should not be anymore water flowing through that line. Anyone.

if you have a corner overflow then it should stop when the water level in the tank is below the opening of the overflow. easy way if your sump has room is shut off the return pump and the level should lower itself

I dont have a corner over flow its toward the back left side. But when i do turn off the return pump the water in the tank lowers and the sump fills up to a certain point. I really think that there is no more water flowing but thats a big chance to take.

do you have a picture.. i'm guessing you have a strainer on the line to the sump.. if it's below the water line then water will flow.