• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

montipora nudibranch

well i have no idea where i got them.. but it makes me feel better to know why my montis are dying...
here is a shot of my monti and a picture from a site with them..

montibug-1.jpg

image.asp

RichT said:
So how do you get rid of them?

well i lost my huge green cap colony... fragged it but looked at them tonight and they were infested... dipped them in tropic marin pro coral cure but no luck.. so i trashed them...

on my red cap, i broke off the ridges on the ends.. no infestation on them... and threw out the core of the coral... where all the nudis were... and then dipped the frags for insurance...

anyone welling to help me out and take some of these frags.. i am almost 100% sure they are free of the nudis..
but i know i am not in my system and would love to get this red cap around the club..

thanks guys..

Sorry to hear that Billy. I heard they are hard to get rid off and you have to have no monti in the main tank for 3 months so they starve to death.. Frag a small piece of everything then put them in you frag tank.If you recently buy anything they can be transported in corals or live L/R.. Hope that everything will be good..

steve

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll hold onto some for you. When your ready, I have some orange and green cap for ya

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
nice read. Sounds like fresh water dip or interceptor will get rid of them.

Thanks for the heads up Billy. Sorry about your troubles.

I had some white, bare patches on my caps a while back that have since regrown. I'll have to keep an eye out for these suckers!

When I was hit by monti eating nudis I spend a good 6 months battling them. I would dip the montis in pro cure, try to blow as many adults off as possible, then crazy glue the eggs and the adults that wouldn't come off. I would repeat the process every few days until I was nudi free. If I had to do it again I would have trashed all my montis. Not worth the battle!

I know where I got them from and that person lost me as a friend after that because he gave me the frag knowing he was infested.

Steve (pnoy)knows the ordeal because he helped me and heared me btihicng about it everyday. LOL

thanks for the info... i did end up trashing all the monti with eggs and adults on them...
i have a few frags that are free.. and i will wait and see if they find them...
at least red bugs you can nuke the tank.. i cant find anything you can do like that with these little monsters..

I was never able to get rid of them. I know what piece they came in on too. They killed all my montis (except that piece!)and I killed some of my montiporas by FW dipping them. Those nudibranchs stink! :mad: