• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 180 Starphire Cube

Well being that I suck at growing SPS I think I may switch the direction of my tank. Maybe I need to just go with easier corals. I think it will make having the tank alot less stressful. With the SPS one day they look good and others they look like they are dead. With feeding the tank heavily my sand is brown. My nitrates are probably up because my acan isn't looking good. Zoos and LPS have nice color and are alot easier.

Re-did the aquascape a bit. Lost the Angel and Butterfly to the carpet. Needless to say the carpet is now gone.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1534.jpg
    IMG_1534.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 48
yep,this morning the carpet had a sign that read:send more angels Im hungry..lol It will have to like silversides and krill from here out.So far so good.But in my tank it looks more green than blue.Maybe cause my lighting is 14K(?) None the less nice specimen.Great meeting you and hope you have luck with the zoos.

I will try to get some pictures up of the angels and the beautiful bubble tip I got from Mike and Nikki tomorrow.Just read a thread on RC that these guys like to eat zoos and acans. Hope this is not the case. I was under the impression that these guys were reef safe. Hmmmmm

Last edited:
I had a Pair for a year that I got from RedSand. They were fantastic with my sps and lps however I went and got a sick zooanthid frag pack from a friend and within a few hours both of them started tagging the polyps. I fish-trapped them and removed them to another tank and ultimately ended up trading the pair to a person with SPS only tank. Beautiful fish but I had a bad experience with them and zoos. Each fish is different though.. Feed them well and im sure they will be fine!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I will try to get some pictures up of the angels and the beautiful bubble tip I got from Mike and Nikki tomorrow.Just read a thread on RC that these guys like to eat zoos and acans. Hope this is not the case. I was under the impression that these guys were reef safe. Hmmmmm

Paul, I have 5 different Genicanthus angels in my tank and have never had a problem with them and corals. Good luck with them they are beautiful...

some pictures... they would not swim still.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 46
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 40

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am happy to report that both are eating well and have acclimated well to their new home.

Glad to hear it! :D

The first and second picture you posted looks like the "new direction" of the tank is really coming along well.

howze01

NJRC Member
Man I love this tank! So glad you decided to hold onto it. The new Angels are really nice! Hope they continue to behave themselves...