• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 75g reef

a little info on my set up. I started out with just little live rock and a few fish. I was never planning on going over to reef, let alone sps/lps. I started my tank March of 2007. I was running my 75 gal with PC bulbs, coralife, a wet dry, with a rio skimmer. around Nov 2007 I decided to upgrade my lighting fixture to A T5 nova extreme by Current. I started with a few softies but wanted to give myself a bit more of a challenge. So I decided to jump right into Sps I think Jan of 2008 I started to pick up a few pieces of sps. I was still running a wet dry. I was able to keep most alive with very minimal growth. April of 2008 we lost power for about 13 hours and I lost 80% of my live stock. I almost called it quits. I decided to give it another go and started restocking my tank first with fish and then with coral again. on Oct of 2008 I moved from bloomfield over to hillseide, where I currently live. I took that opportunity to upgrade my filtration, with the help of Kris from ocean gallery. He made me my sump which I think is so amazing. so here are some specs of my current setup along with some photos from about when I started to where I currently am with the hobby. Enjoy and please let me know what you guys think!!!

CURRENT TANK SPECS
75 GAL TANK
CURRENT NOVA EXTREME T5 8X54 WATT, (I ONLY USE SIX BULBS AND I DID A DIY MOON LIGHT IN THE FIXTURE)
30 GAL SUMP
TWO LITTLE FISH PHOS REACTOR
ASM G1X PROTINE SKIMMER FUGE WITH FIJI MINERAL MUD AND CHEATO AND 2 MANGROOVES
12" CURRENT PC BULBS OVER FUGE
MAG 12 RETURN PUMP
2 KORALIA #4
1 KORALIA #3 DIY KALK DISPENSOR
PINPOINT PH MONITOR

AND HERE ARE THE PHOTOS

IN THE BEGINING AROUND MAY OF 07
tankwithlightsoff.jpg

tank.jpg

0424072146.jpg

fish.jpg

THIS IS RIGHT AROUND NOV 07 WHEN i PICKED UP MY T5 FIXTURE
IMG_0007.jpg

SOME OF MY FRAGS FROM WHEN I STARTED
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

A MIX OF FEW SOFTIES WITH SOME FRAGS
IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

THIS IS FROM OCT OF 2008 WHEN I MOVED OVER TO HILLSIDE
IMG_2913.jpg

MY SUMP

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

AROUND FEB 09

IMG_3744.jpg

AND THIS IS NOW

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Man that is amazing what did you do add steroids in spring training? The growth in the last 6 months is incredible. Guess that answers all those T5 questions huh?

Thanks we even got sump pictures ... one of my favorites.

Yes T5 is amazing. Since I redid my filtration my tank has been much easier to keep everything in check. I think stability was my biggest challange but once I started dripping kalk, along with my two part, I was able to keep everything in check with minimal fluxuation. It is amazing watching everything grow.

WOW that is amazing! You should start a frag tank and then start giving me some frags ;D

But that is really nice!

Hey mgonz ur tank looks amazing. when my pc is up and running I will also do a tale of tank thread. Yours was very inspiring. I'm proud to be a part of it. Stability is the key, one thing I learned in this hobby truelly is if it ain't broke don't fix it and a skimmer can only pull out what is in the tank. My old g1x rocked. I will bring u a piece of the table this week some time. Best of luck

wow nice tank... I notice you have changed your fish many times in each pic there are diffrent fish...tanks looks good tho