• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My First SPS frags....

Hey all,
Starting my first SPS tank and I'm just picking up my first frags. It's a 30G tank but let me know what you think of the frags. I'm horrible with species ID so if you know what they are feel free to post it.
Unknown7May7th2007.jpg

Yellow Tort..
YellowTortMay7th2007.jpg

2 Pics of my Bali tricolor (i think)
TricolorMay7th2007.jpg

tricolor2May7th2007.jpg

Red Milli (with stupid upsidedown snail in the background)
RedMilliMay7th2007.jpg

Some sort of Blue tort?
bluetorthMay7th2007.jpg

I have no idea...
unknown2May5th2007.jpg

Nice pieces! Good luck with them. We just started w/SPS too, it's a whole new world. That tri-colored one is really pretty, I've been looking for a Tri-Colored Valida if I can find one. That looks pretty close to it.

Yeah, I think it's my favorite piece. I don't know if he has any frags still available but I got almost all these frags (except the orange digita, blue valida, and brown mill w/ blue tips) from Sean_nj on R.C., more specifically, he frequents the NJRC forum alot.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The coral you have listed as a valida looks more like a blue stag (to me).

The one you have listed as I have no idea looks like a tort to me (as opposed to the one you have listed as a tort).

They're very nice pieces! Good luck and enjoy them!

Those are just my guesses. Hopefully someone more in the know will chime in!

Phyl, The coral I have listed as 'blue valida' was purchased from another reefer in my town of hillsborough, who also purchased his from antoehr reefer in hillsborough Stan (smcooler). As far as I've seen stan knows very well what he has so I'm trusting that judgement with the 'blue valida', but then again, I don't know anything about assigning species titles...

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd believe whatever Stan said... That' just looks more like a stag than a valida.

This is a valida
AValida6_01.jpg

This is a blue stag
Blue_Tip_Stag_Sept04.jpg

Those pictures can be found numbering in the thousands anywhere online. I'd be inclined to double check with Stan if it were me, just because it goes against everything I've seen otherwise. :)

In any case, they're beauties!