• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MY New Red Sea Max 250

Its great to see your off to a smart well thought out aquarium . Like everyone that has done it before will tell you take your time . As hard as it is some patience now will save you grief later . Decide exactly what your long time goal is for the tank and buy accordingly .
It sound like you want soft corals that flow which are somewhat easier than sps . Your fish list looks good except you may want to rethink the dotty . Mine became very territorial and was a nuisance . Since you have a covered tank and a sandbed a jawfish is a great fish . They are nice to look at and fun to watch build and rebuild there home .
Clowns are nice in pairs,just ether get an established pair or make sure one is bigger .
.They also might host a soft coral which would be a cool bonus . A blue tang will end up outgrowing your system . You can get a really small one and have it for a while and then trade/sell/donate it .Just make sure all fish come from a good source and are healthy . Ask to see them eat and ask how long have they been at the store . Good luck and welcome to the site.

Thank you qwik for the info. I am waiting and planning. I thing I am going to sign up to become a member of NJRC, how do you like the club?

Now I am planning ahead for the Clean up crew for the 65 gallon tank any ideas.

Hey John- welcome!

I've used reeftopia in the past, they offer some real cool critters and they are reasonable as far as pricing goes which includes shipping (over a certain price) if you can't wait for the group buy, you can always use that as an option. The group buys are an excellent way to get to know fellow members though, to share best practices and experiences which is priceless

Thanks Unspoiled

I joined and payed my dues now I am waiting to hear something. I hope it does not take as long as my tank is taking to cycle. lol
I still have 3 weeks of cycling so I maybe able to get in on the group buy and meet some of the experienced folks for tips and tricks and a beer.

Rich L

The tank is looking real good. All levels are perfect. I am going to the LFS again on Saturday to confirm all levels are correct. If all is good I would like to get a Clean up Crew. The protein Skimmer on the Red Sea max was not that bad to adjust but I think I will really see if it is difficult once I put a bioload in the tank.