• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nano 16 Nuvo Aquarium

kevin

NJRC Member
Don't tell my wife!

Hello everyone,

It's been about a year since I sold my last setup due to a few reasons. I haven't looked at anything saltwater related since then. I have an urge to start up a "SMALL" nano aquarium. I haven't done much research... really, only 20mins & I found the Nuvo systems. They look pretty neat & seems to be up my alley. Thought I'd start a discussion if anyone had any suggestions. Not going crazy this time!! (famous last words)

Thanks,
Kevin

Picture of my old setup for fun.
12-07-12400.jpg

and he is backkkkkkk... I was wondering where the heck you'd been

let me know how you like the nuvo, i want to get an AIO nano for my bedroom, but then was considering a deep blue 30g frag tank and plumbing a sump on it.

kevin

NJRC Member
and he is backkkkkkk... I was wondering where the heck you'd been

let me know how you like the nuvo, i want to get an AIO nano for my bedroom, but then was considering a deep blue 30g frag tank and plumbing a sump on it.

will do. I'll have to convince the wife. I'll probably have to give up the Mazda Miata I pretty much replaced the tank with, lol

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The addiction never leaves. Running my 12g JBJ AOI was pretty easy and minimum maintaence. You can't get into too much trouble in 12g of water.

kevin

NJRC Member
The addiction never leaves. Running my 12g JBJ AOI was pretty easy and minimum maintaence. You can't get into too much trouble in 12g of water.

I know!! We went to the Baltimore Aquarium last week(ironically, this is the Aquarium that got me into reefing in the first place)... and I just want a littttle piece of the ocean back in my life!

I've had the 16g Nano Nuvo for about 4 months now. It's a awesome little tank. The only drawback for it is the crappy Skyye LEDs that come with it. Also, the pump for it is slightly weak. I replaced the pump with a 400 gph pump, and replaced the LED stock lights (They are GREAT for softies. LPS/SPS tank quickly with them) with Odyysea T5 lights (the 20" model 4 bulb) from Aquatraders
After upgrading those two things, I turned it into my Xenia propagation tank and it's been kicking butt ever since! I give it a 8/10!

kevin

NJRC Member
I've had the 16g Nano Nuvo for about 4 months now. It's a awesome little tank. The only drawback for it is the crappy Skyye LEDs that come with it. Also, the pump for it is slightly weak. I replaced the pump with a 400 gph pump, and replaced the LED stock lights (They are GREAT for softies. LPS/SPS tank quickly with them) with Odyysea T5 lights (the 20" model 4 bulb) from Aquatraders
After upgrading those two things, I turned it into my Xenia propagation tank and it's been kicking butt ever since! I give it a 8/10!

Thanks Anthony! I actually stopped at a few somewhat local LFS's. Ocean Gallery ended up having the Nuvo Fusion 40g & I really liked the dimensions. Ended up buying it. I'm in the process of painting the stand white. I'll be making a build thread shortly