• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Naso Tang (Blonde)

I'd like to know how Naso Tangs are, as far as temperment, friendliness to owner (E.g. such as puffers, triggers, etc.), and I'd also like to know if any of you have them in your tanks, and if you have any pictures. Do you think It'd be fine in a 180g w/ these tankmates...?

1-Dogface Pufferfish

1-Milaris Eel

1-Pinktail Triggerfish

1-Humu Picasso Triggerfish

1-Yellow Tang

1-Emperor Angelfish

3-Zoster Butterflies (Black Pyramid)

Or do you think that some other type of large tang would be a better fit...?

i have a male blond naso(about 6-7'). I got him from a guy in my job. was his favorite fish .only sold it b/c he was moving. hes is a very model fish . eats a lot and gets along very well with the other fish(emperor ,queen and blue spot angel, blue throat triggers, clowns, anthias ). His streamers are starting to come in nicely. make sure you have plenty of room as this guys get big and love to swim . good luck

I have a naso tang in my QT I have to say it is a great fish so far. My hippo in QT has ich :'( I am sorely disappointed. I am going to lower the salinity to try to kick it. Since someone ate my cleaner shrimp (or he got sucked into my korialia). I don't have to worry about that. I did everything to keep them healthy BTW garlic, algae, and selcor or whatever that stuff is called. The naso is healthy and my blenny so far is healthy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack back on track. The naso are peaceful, can I guess get a little aggressive but in the QT which is darn smaller then a 180 he is not. Comes and eats and overall very interesting fish. And darn bit heartier then a hippo.

JRWOHLER said:
I have a naso tang in my QT I have to say it is a great fish so far. My hippo in QT has ich :'( I am sorely disappointed. I am going to lower the salinity to try to kick it. Since someone ate my cleaner shrimp (or he got sucked into my korialia). I don't have to worry about that. I did everything to keep them healthy BTW garlic, algae, and selcor or whatever that stuff is called. The naso is healthy and my blenny so far is healthy.
Sorry didn't mean to hijack back on track. The naso are peaceful, can I guess get a little aggressive but in the QT which is darn smaller then a 180 he is not. Comes and eats and overall very interesting fish. And darn bit heartier then a hippo.
JR
make sure you lower the salinity to 1.009 and keep it there for four weeks then raise back to 1.020 over a few days .