• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help finding furniture!

Ok, so, I'm absolutely sick to death of furniture shopping and need some help. See, I am in need of a new wall unit, but it's going to need some special considerations before purchase and the shopping situation has been utterly dismal. My question for you guys is...

Does anyone know of a good furniture store in the Monmouth County area with a good selections of wall units, particularly in smaller sizes (5 to 6 feet in length)?

.... preferably one I can fit a decent sized snake terrarium (20L tank)?

Not sure what your budget is, since I think they are very pricey... but have you checked Pottery Barn yet? They have quite a selection of wall units that you piece together, so might meet your special requirements/size needs. If you find any great furniture stores in the area please let me know. We're finally ready to get real bedroom furniture (ie something delivered in one solid piece and not pressed mdf that I spend days assembling LOL) I can't find anything modern/affordable/our style locally.... so far leaning towards some stuff on costco.com if for no other reason then if we hate it we can return it.

Good Luck!

thetiler said:
How about Ikea??

I haven't been to Ikea in a while, but most of their stuff was modular in a way that, when broken down to fit a six foot space, would basically end up putting me a step backward when it comes to storage. A ton of them had a sort of "flaoting" shelf over a center island that required both side pieces (and a huge chunk of wall space) to support that type of shelf. I'll take another scan there if I can convince my friend the truck owner to drive across the Raritan (I swear, the only person I know with a truck has this.... thing about driving "over the river.")

I'll try the Pottery Barn. I don't think I've ever been in one with an actual goal of furniture shopping as opposed to getting distracted by all the pretty shiny stuff (like Crate and Barrel- who knew they had furniture hidden behind all the neat little things and Mario Batale cookware?)

kathainbowen said:
thetiler said:
How about Ikea??
I'll try the Pottery Barn. I don't think I've ever been in one with an actual goal of furniture shopping as opposed to getting distracted by all the pretty shiny stuff (like Crate and Barrel- who knew they had furniture hidden behind all the neat little things and Mario Batale cookware?)

Have you tried the cranbury outlet for C&B? I never went in (only to pick up an item) but you could always look up online and have them deliver it to the Cranbury warehouse for pick up later. Save on the shipping costs. Of course - for the price of the wall unit at C&B - you could also probably go out and purchase a fully loaded 120 gallon tank... ;D

You could try Bob's Discount Furniture the website is mybobs.com One of my firends just got a sofa set and wall unit there and really liked it. she thought the quality and price was good and recomended it to me. I haven't gone there for anything yet, but it's worth a look.

Good luck!