• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need help on skimmer

I have a Euro reef skimmer RS 80,the sedra 3500 seized and my question is- what replacement pump should I get? would a sedra 5000 work this skimmer,would I notice a differance in performance,or should I just stay with buying a new 3500? Any help/ ideas would be greatly appreciated,I need to get this up and running again rather quickly

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would stay with the 3500. Mine uses a 9500. It went and I replaced it with a 7000. Was never able to get the same skimmate, so switched back to the original pump.
Did you try replacing the impellor first? With needle wheel pumps, the impellor wears out a little faster because of the needle head is bigger then normal, cutting thru the water

I think it may be a bit too late for replacement,I went away for a few days when I came back it wasnt working,the pump was warm and the impeller seems stuck or seized in the unit...so based on yr advice I will stay with the 3500 Thanks for yr help :)