• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nem Container - maybe

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Best thing is you can hang it on the tree at Christmas

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
If you end up trying it let me know maybe I get an anemone down the road!
Let me know if you need a nem. I got 5 of these bright orange with neon green mouth ones. Don't know the name.

radiata

NJRC Member
If that thing is glass, it's just a matter of time before you destroy it with an ill timed live rock move. If it is plastic is should be OK, but it would probably still be fragile. I prefer succulent pots like these: https://www.amazon.com/Succulent-SHECIPIN-Ceramic-Flower-Planter/dp/B08QQZQMVY/ref=sr_1_59?crid=1FRGEQQN8TAJO&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.B6wq8mQtsAOC4ax7yZU_zmHZWWTJOIZ5uA7WruHoZTgZoPyo__jBF7RwtU5COjj_jNGzxf9c_ZHNEFECd7UFaseivkfi3wN_N8fLGIc7SDKfJeLlHugc1MKExsyrYnwByftlkFXuspupvPbFz6FXzYTTI9GmUOaD_X49AUpEK3JwSWUfLlGHPu4oQO2ZnNLD9XoQFJPtpNVYVArfyX8ZupBTsbbjJ9129neOmPxvXwRQrRG9RfnheIM7ea90yBYv9iRYTWHuQ42gKaZP13ydmCoT6ubxB5r7F59lvFbL9gY.FepNK0j0c9NgdOqEuxB7cB_7RWbj3z2PLnUH4P2SjUM&dib_tag=se&keywords=small%2Bsucculent%2Bpots%2B3%2Binch&qid=1709130980&sprefix=small%2Bsucculent%2Bpots%2Caps%2C1444&sr=8-59&th=1
They also come strung together on a rope for hanging in a window, with smaller necks on the planters. If you want the real hand-made thing search for "Anemone Nest" on eBay. They custom make them out of clay in Hong Kong and sell them for about 30+++ US dollars.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If that thing is glass, it's just a matter of time before you destroy it with an ill timed live rock move. If it is plastic is should be OK, but it would probably still be fragile. I prefer succulent pots like these: https://www.amazon.com/Succulent-SHECIPIN-Ceramic-Flower-Planter/dp/B08QQZQMVY/ref=sr_1_59?crid=1FRGEQQN8TAJO&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.B6wq8mQtsAOC4ax7yZU_zmHZWWTJOIZ5uA7WruHoZTgZoPyo__jBF7RwtU5COjj_jNGzxf9c_ZHNEFECd7UFaseivkfi3wN_N8fLGIc7SDKfJeLlHugc1MKExsyrYnwByftlkFXuspupvPbFz6FXzYTTI9GmUOaD_X49AUpEK3JwSWUfLlGHPu4oQO2ZnNLD9XoQFJPtpNVYVArfyX8ZupBTsbbjJ9129neOmPxvXwRQrRG9RfnheIM7ea90yBYv9iRYTWHuQ42gKaZP13ydmCoT6ubxB5r7F59lvFbL9gY.FepNK0j0c9NgdOqEuxB7cB_7RWbj3z2PLnUH4P2SjUM&dib_tag=se&keywords=small%2Bsucculent%2Bpots%2B3%2Binch&qid=1709130980&sprefix=small%2Bsucculent%2Bpots%2Caps%2C1444&sr=8-59&th=1
They also come strung together on a rope for hanging in a window, with smaller necks on the planters. If you want the real hand-made thing search for "Anemone Nest" on eBay. They custom make them out of clay in Hong Kong and sell them for about 30+++ US dollars.
Its plastic.

radiata

NJRC Member
I've had one RBTA in a cactus pot in my DT for some time now. It hasn't moved but It has split twice. Both times the split's foot has moved behind a rock 4 or 5 inches away. Here's a poor photo taken early in the tank's day:

1709746631029.png

The diameter of the original nem in now about 7.5". I can't tell the diameter of the split yet - it's kind of wrapped around a rock.

Something I don't think I've mentioned before, is that you can take a pot, epoxy a strong magnet to it and then hang the pot on the bare back wall of your tank if you're agile enough to reach the back outside of your tank with another strong magnet. This works well for a pot like this with a flat bottom as it will give the nem an upward facing angle:

1709747407475.png
It's $5.09 delivered from Temu. If you search Temu for "aquarium decoration clay pot" you'll find it in more than one listing.

I've had one RBTA in a cactus pot in my DT for some time now. It hasn't moved but It has split twice. Both times the split's foot has moved behind a rock 4 or 5 inches away. Here's a poor photo taken early in the tank's day:

View attachment 54563

The diameter of the original nem in now about 7.5". I can't tell the diameter of the split yet - it's kind of wrapped around a rock.

Something I don't think I've mentioned before, is that you can take a pot, epoxy a strong magnet to it and then hang the pot on the bare back wall of your tank if you're agile enough to reach the back outside of your tank with another strong magnet. This works well for a pot like this with a flat bottom as it will give the nem an upward facing angle:

View attachment 54564
It's $5.09 delivered from Temu. If you search Temu for "aquarium decoration clay pot" you'll find it in more than one listing.
You probably can find it at the Home Depot if is a plant thing. I don’t buy anything online