• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Neptune EB4

Hello Everyone,
Getting ready to buy a new one….I Know the EB8 has known issues and some are able to DIY repair the issue.. was wondering if there is anything I need to know about the 4 outlet version? Is us reliable? Any k own issues? Probe to failure? Etc… please share you honest opinion and first hand knowledge with using it.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
To be honest in my opinion, the old eb8 and eb4 are solid.
The only ones that I have a problem with are the new eb832.

I have two eb832 fail on me. My old eb8 and eb4 work with no problem.

radiata

NJRC Member
I've found EB4s to be more reliable than EB8s. I've got two EB4s in use, and have had no issues with either. I've got seven EB8s in use. On average, I've got one or two failed outlet circuits on each one. I have them displayed as "Always-On" or "Always-Off" or "Fried" in my Fusion set-up. I also plug the cheap "child-proof" plastic inserts into each one, so I don't try and use it. The TRIAC outlets seem to fail more often than the Relay outlets (and probably for good reason). Neptune is apparently no longer making the EB8s, I don't know if this is true for the EB4s. The early (and ongoing?) failure rates of the EB32s dulled any interest I'd had in using one. I just picked up two used EB8s to keep in reserve for the long run...

Great info. Thank you! Definitely staying away from the 8. I want the eb4 but now not sure if I should wait.