• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Netting for Tank Cover

Hey Everyone,

I recently went to Home Depot and bought the "egg crate" for fluorescent lights (plastic sheet made of squares), and noticed it seriously inhibits my light patterns (to the side, not directly down) and in turn is affecting my corals.

What material is recommended/where did you get it?

I have a marine land 60g tank 48" by 12" which has a split top so the support bar on rim splits the top in half. The egg crate worked perfectly because I cut it to size so it would just fit right into the lid holder. I'm concerned about how to take clear netting and make it 1. Tight tension so it doesn't droop and 2. easily taken on and off.

Any suggestions or pictures of what you've found successful would be much appreciated.

Hey, when you come by for the hammers, check out the lid I got on the 40B. My buddy and I put it together. It's a netting material, if you're interested, I can cut a sheet for you for cheap.