• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 100g FOWL

You guys sucked me back in. I sold my reef setup almost 2yrs ago and now I want to build a 100g FOWL.

It's a disease, i already bought a 95g wave tank with a huge sump and megaflow.

Here is what I'm thinking:
Dwarf Golden Moray eel
Another type of dwarf eel (TBD)
Koran Angel
HT
Dwarf Lionfish
2 perc
Copperband Butterfly
"Cool" Puffer

What do you think?

What kind of coral can i put in with these guys? I'm partial to anenomes but have heard puffers will certainly destroy them. Is there a puffer that won't eat it for lunch?

Also, clams...any of these guys enjoy clams for lunch? My worry is with the puffer and HT with the clam, true?

The tank is sitting empty right now and I'm just starting my research on each of these fish in addition to what i have already read.

I'm open to suggestions for any colorful and/or unusual tank mates.

Thanks!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
One eel will be plenty (ours is about 2" thick by about 18" long). The really yellow ones like ours aren't actually dwarfs. The dwarfs have that blue stripe down their eye, if you're set on a dwarf, keep an eye out for the stripe.

We have ours with a lionfish.

I think someone ate the clown.

The big fish will be fine. Not sure how the puffer will do with the lion (but I'd love to see that).

Butterfly may pick on the clam, but I'm nearly sure my eel wouldn't bother it. BUT... I don't keep that water pristine so I wouldn't leave it in there.

Can't wait to see your tank come together.

maybe the "cool" puffer can be a blue spotted puffer. I just saw one today at the LFS and im deciding on getting one. IT would also go right along with your livestock. just my .02

-Dan

playazballin21 said:
i have a 30 inch zebra n i was thinkin of putting my false percula with it but i thought he would of eatin them..thanks
jonathan. said:
playazballin21 said:
your eel will prob eat ur percs

The goldens aren't bad. Snowflakes, chain links, and zebras are also safe (especially zebras).

Don't quote me if he DOES eat him, but Zebra's aren't known fish-eaters. The most docile eel if you ask me. Very mild mannered.

They primarily feed on crustaceans, but are known to leave cleaner shrimp alone for the most part.