• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 24g Aquapod in my bedroom

I just picked up a 24g Aquapod for my bedroom at a killer price. I am planning to upgrade the pump to a maxi-jet 1200 and put either a hydor or a loc-line Y at the outpot. Any other tricks you guys have for these tanks?

I will post pics soon, I just put sand, rock and water in today to let it cycle out. I am planing on a pair of clowns, 2 anemones and a small clean up crew, then grow from there. I want to keep it simple on this setup, unlike the main 72 gallon bowfront display in the living room.
Thanks for any info.

Hello there and welcome to NJRC!

I will start by saying that you should really read through my post if you want to do some mods. Just check out the link in my signature. That being said I would suggest using MJ900's if heat is going to be an issue. A 1200 uses 20Watts of power and 2 900's only use 17watts. However the 900 does like 230GPH and the 1200 does like 295. You do the math :D

Other then that have a good time here and with the tank. :)

Thanks mynd, I am figuring on an mj 1200 beacuase the stock pump was rated for 290 GPH, and a 900 would be downgrading...especially factoring in the hydor I am thinking of using. I have a few extra pumps laying around if more flow is needed (an mj900, an aquaclear50, a tunze nanostream 25 and a couple more.) Do you think I will need more flow? I only plan on softies and maybe an LPS or two, so I figure I can make do with only the return mj1200 w/ hydor...then move forward from there. Let me know what you think...

If your going to have a fuge, chiller, or any additional pumps do all that planning and bulkhead work now, trust me =)

OctaviousMonk said:
I just picked up a 24g Aquapod for my bedroom at a killer price. I am planning to upgrade the pump to a maxi-jet 1200 and put either a hydor or a loc-line Y at the outpot. Any other tricks you guys have for these tanks?

I will post pics soon, I just put sand, rock and water in today to let it cycle out. I am planing on a pair of clowns, 2 anemones and a small clean up crew, then grow from there. I want to keep it simple on this setup, unlike the main 72 gallon bowfront display in the living room.
Thanks for any info.
Congrad! You finally got yours! Bro you was on a quest! ha ha....Hey I also switch my pump with a MJ1200. got the anemome just need a pr of marron clowns. Need to stop by your house and pick up snails.