• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new acro

Hey I just got a new acro the other day. Was a pretty big piece looked greta at the store. So when I looked at it today it looks white in the center. I let it sit in the water for hour and a half and all my levels are good. I just started keeping acros. SHould I put more flow on the coral? Or does this shound like rtn. I hope not the piece was 130. thanks

Whats your lighting water parameters where do you have it in the tank what kind? might just need to adjust to your tank when i put new ones in they sometimes dont open up all the way for a few dayscan you post some pictures

hey thanks for the quick reply. I have metal halids. its 5 inchs from the water line or so. I saw polyp extension today on some of the branchs. Its a pink green acro cluster type. So i guess i should give it some time Like i said befor I might but a nother maxi get in tomorrow

bmwalley said:
hey thanks for the quick reply. I have metal halids. its 5 inchs from the water line or so. I saw polyp extension today on some of the branchs. Its a pink green acro cluster type. So i guess i should give it some time Like i said befor I might but a nother maxi get in tomorrow

Post your water parameters if you can that would help. also i have read that you should aclimate coral to mh start them at the bottom and work your way up and see where it is happy they say you could bleach the coral if it is getting to much light what are the wattage of the bulbs

smcooler

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Big wild acro heads like that dont do well when pulled from the ocean and put into a different enviroment, flow water light, better to get really small colonies or tank cultered frags, they grow and color up way faster and stay alive. The bigger they are the more chance they dont make it. HTH.

s

bmwalley said:
yeah I;ll be smarter next time . well the coral looks alot better today i guess i was freaking out thanks for the info

Keep giving it good care. You might be able to keep it and have it thrive. Good luck with it, too. We all have bought them in the past and they are definitely much harder to keep than your aquacultured frags.

Take a trip to smcooler's to pick up some great ones!

Check out smcooler's section of the boards, he has the nicest tank I have seen yet, and sells a lot of gorgeous frags