• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Biocube 29

I just picked up a Biocube off CL and set it up. I have three big base rocks and one smaller piece of LR. Is that enough to seed the base rock?

Even if the live rock was the size of a quarter it will seed the other rocks. Gonna take longer, but if your patient it should be fine.

Welcome to the nano forum!
as Zippy said, yes one small piece of "live" rock will seed the rest.
You want your base rock to be as porus as possible to allow for as much beneficial bacteria as possible.

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Welcome and good luck, my first nano was a biocube 14.
There are lots and lots of mods that can be done to the biocube to make it a better tank.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Another nano that's great. Is this your first reef tank or your first nano?
If it is you first reef then one word of advice is SLOW take everything slow. Don't rush you will cause a ton of problems also ask a million questions, there are a pile of great people on this site that will go out of there way to help you along. Where are you located? I'm sure there is someone local who will give you some sand.
Good luck and post some pictures when you get a chance

It's my first nano. I have a 75 reef tank that's been running for 1.5yrs. I took the LR from that tank. Now I'm looking to add a sump. Has anyone found one that fits in the cabinet? A 10gal is too long.

It's my first nano. I have a 75 reef tank that's been running for 1.5yrs. I took the LR from that tank. Now I'm looking to add a sump. Has anyone found one that fits in the cabinet? A 10gal is too long.

Most sumps ive seen insidea bc29 stand were custom madefrom acrylic. You can see if custom king on manhattanreefs has any or put out a feeler for anyone else that may make them. Nano-reef has a better chsnce of one popping up used also

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Welcome dmbnj, you could always have glass cut to your specs and silly cone, also if you ask jose7878 how to, he cut the whole top off a 55 gal with a diamond wheel. You could cut a 20 high and make it fit. Just a thought.
I don't know how handy you are. But if you do post it it would make a good DIY post. Good luck