• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new bulbs in Aquapod 24

just replaced bulbs in Aquapod. The dual actinic bulb is not flickering but does look wierd. Kinda hard to explain but it has what looks like little lightning bolts traveling back and forth. Haven't noticed this in the past. Bulb is made by Current USA and is 32w. Anyone else have this with new bulbs or should I be looking at a new ballast?
Thanks

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can you put the old bulb back in? I'd suspect the bulb, given the close proximity of the flickering to the bulb change.

Phyl said:
Can you put the old bulb back in? I'd suspect the bulb, given the close proximity of the flickering to the bulb change.
no, old bulb died which is now making me think even more about the ballast. You dont see anyting with lid down and light looks great when lid closed. you only see the wierd lightning bolt thing when looking right a the bulb

I would give the company a call on this one.. Reason: you really don't want the bulb to burst, cause a fire, melt the hood, try taking microscopic pieces of bulb out of the tank, etc.. I wouldn't take the chance. Just a suggestion.. they are pretty good about that stuff and will probably send you another tank and hood for free and request that you send it back with the old top.