• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new halide bulbs HELP

I have a set of single end 10,000k coralife bulbs that are over a year old and i bought same bulb from ushio turned them on and they went out after about 10 seconds. I put old bulbs back and they work fine.

175w single end 10,000k only visually difference is new bulbs have slightly smaller pill. ???

Bryan said:
I have a set of single end 10,000k coralife bulbs that are over a year old and i bought same bulb from ushio turned them on and they went out after about 10 seconds. I put old bulbs back and they work fine.

175w single end 10,000k only visually difference is new bulbs have slightly smaller pill. ???

arent there 2 types of MH bulbs? a pulse type and a probe type could that be the issue

ding ding ding!!! after looking at the web sites for Hamilton tech and oshio it seems the oshio need a pulse start ballast Hamilton's have self starter(bulbs came with a Hamilton retrofit)

Bryan said:
ding ding ding!!! after looking at the web sites for Hamilton tech and oshio it seems the oshio need a pulse start ballast Hamilton's have self starter(bulbs came with a Hamilton retrofit)

do i win a prize?? LOL

You might consider replacing your ballasts with electronic ballasts. They will light almost any bulb, and with the electricity saved pay for themselves in a couple of years. They will also run cooler.