• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Skimmer

the Reeflo ORCA is a really nice skimmer....

at that price level you could also even look into a bubble king mini.

If I went with a Bubble King, I would need the Mini Bubble King 200 for my size tank, and thats $280 more then the ReefFlo Orca 200. I really dont have $850 for the Reeflo to begin with, but with the PA GB discount, and whatever I can get for my 'MRC-2 w/ Mag-18', I MIGHT be able to scrap together enough.

Patriot76 said:
If I went with a Bubble King, I would need the Mini Bubble King 200 for my size tank, and thats $280 more then the ReefFlo Orca 200. I really dont have $850 for the Reeflo to begin with, but with the PA GB discount, and whatever I can get for my 'MRC-2 w/ Mag-18', I MIGHT be able to scrap together enough.

or maybe i will just add the additional riser and a second injector with another mag-18

is this skimmer comparable to the reeflo? i really dont know much about it.

would the GB be 15% off the sale price?

do you think $250 is too much to ask for my MRC-2 w/ Mag-18. Its less then a year old.

no experience...sorry. boozeman/pnoy have Bks....edward771 has the ORCA.

I recall at least one member loving deltecs.

anyways - skimmer opinions are going to vary. I heard good things about the ATI Bm - not sure if anyone actually runs on here on njrc (i'm sure there's someone)

price sounds about right to me. I can't find the post but I thought for sure someone sold the exact same skimmer at that price. I don't even recall if the pump was included or not.

I shouldn't even say anything since I am in the market for a skimmer...I should probably recuse myself or something from this thread! lol.

thanks for the feedback! the MRC-2 is rated for 300g, but i kinda like the idea of having a monster skimmer rated for twice the amount of my tank. I am kinda leaning towards upgrading my existing skimmer right now, i dont know.

Patriot76 said:
thanks for the feedback! the MRC-2 is rated for 300g, but i kinda like the idea of having a monster skimmer rated for twice the amount of my tank. I am kinda leaning towards upgrading my existing skimmer right now, i dont know.

ok so i found a tower extension for MRC-2 and a Mag-24 both pretty cheap, so i'm probably gonna go that route. anyone know where i can get an air injector cheaper then the $90 they are asking on the MRC web page?

newinjector%20(Medium).jpg