• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new to the hobby

Hi everyone , I'm so glad that I'm apart of this club n.j. represent. It took me awhile to join . It finally want through, it wasn't letting me before. I'm so excited to maybe grow in this journey with u guess. Ok let me start by saying I never had a fish tank before. I have been wanting to do it for along time . So i Saw somewhat of a good deal on 180 gallon tank 72×24×24 with 2 over flow box & stand its big . With eshop reef sump 20 gallon . Now this when I wish i could had someone with some knowledge like a place like this club. So I still had to get so many things. I told them to get was right for my tank . So they got me rio 3100 return pump . Eshop psk 200. 2 Deep blue 436 t5 . I chose to get ro/di . They made me feel like I was in good hands, so l decided to pay for them to deliver it & install it . Oh man . My stand had some nicks on it they didnt have the right tools . Never checked for leaks . The ro/di was broken . Finally they fixed it at the store. I think they gave a used one. I started filling the tank up 1/2 it took awhile & noticed the tank wasn't levelled :upset: I called them I wasn't in goodhands . :( to rap this up it was off by almost inch I levelled it my self . Put water back . Leftover night filling , woke up to leaking bulk heads thank god I put pond rubber liner on stand & stoped it before it got on carpet. :nervous they finally set some one to fix & clean up . I was so:mad: I almost gave this up. But now I'm about 4 months in I'm happy with hobby . I don't have nobody really to go to when comes to the hobby I hope I could be successful in the hobby . I live in scotch plains nj. Not sure but i was wondering if i put some pictures up of my tank if someone will be able to tell whats going on with my tank. I'm scared is something bad. Please let me know

Last edited: