• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Newb with bc14

New guy here with absolutely no experience but getting ready to set up a biocube 14g. I have the tank filled with freshwater right now just testing for leaks.

As soon as I find a decent LFS I'll pick up some water, live rock and sand to kick off my cycle.

Just wanted to say hi in the mean time.

I'm located near Warren.

work near warren - closest LFS are Red Sand in Dunellen and OG II on route 22.

Welcome! join and become a member and you'll be able to get discounts as well as be part of this club - which quite frankly is more like a family.

Hawkeye said:
work near warren - closest LFS are Red Sand in Dunellen and OG II on route 22.

Welcome! join and become a member and you'll be able to get discounts as well as be part of this club - which quite frankly is more like a family.

Thanks. I'll look into joining. I had a few years ago when we were getting ready to do a larger tank, then life threw a curveball.

What's OG II if you don't mind? Thx.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ocean Gallery II, one of our sponsors (Check the vendor forums they're listed there and give a discount in store to members).

Welcome to the club. The small fee will very quickly pay for itself to become a member. We do group buys and you get discounts at a lot of the LFS. Both Red Sand and OG II are very good LFS as is Aquatic Obsessions(AO) which is in Woodbridge on RT35.

Look for live rock for sale by members...might save you some money and you will also get to meet fellow reefers.

I will point out PMs are restricted till you have posted a few posts as is the for sale forum...selling at least. Looks like you are here to learn not just sell stuff so shouldn't be a major problem.

Good luck ask lots of questions.
James

Great. Thanks again.

Just sent in my membership form and paypal. I'll do my best to read as much as I can before asking too many questions.