• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nitrites?

Is there any other ways to lower Nitrites?
I have done multiple water changes and have sump fuge with bubble algae and the brillo algae and can't seem to get it down! it's at 0.2.
There is plenty of flow in the tank the only item that has popped up lately is some minor red slime algae but the hermits take good care of that daily.
Any suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks in advance,
TR

this is an indication your tank is going thru a mini-cycle and the chemistry is a little out of whack.

Suggest a big water change and continued monitoring. Did you recently clean out some LR or did you have bio-balls that you washed? Or did you just have something big die in the tank?

Did big water change already.
Yes I recently added some broken pieces of hard corals and some rubble rock into the sump fuge. about 7- 10 lbs. so maybe that is what spiked it up to 0.2.
Otherwise the livestock is quite well and active. Just my anemones have shrunk a little and lighted (Whitened) a little.
If it doesn't go down in the next couple days I'll do another 30- 50% water- change.
Hopefully it doesn't go up and just comes down!
I also introduced about another 400- 500 gph of flow into the tank!
So just have to monitor it!
Thats for your input all ya!
TR