• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Not loving the color on my new Nova Extreme Pro, bulb recommendations

I openly admit to being completely lost when it comes to bulbs, so I'm hopeful someone here can lead me in the right direction while I fit in reading up more on my own too.

I have a 24g aquapod with stock lighting and was running a current orbit on my 70g, both had the same type of bulbs a Dual Daylight (10000/6700) and Dual Actinic (460/420), this is likely more yellow then many people like but I like how it looks.

I put my new Nova Extreme Pro on the 70g today (three 39 W 10,000°K & three 39 W 460 nm actinic) and I'm not happy with the color, its far to blue for my tastes... so my question is what should I swap out to get it a tad more like the original lighting (maybe not as yellow, but not as blue as it is now). Should I just swap out one of the 10K for a 6700K? Should I change any of the actinic to 420?

Thank you!!!
Candi

Hi Candi,
I would think that with 10000K being the white spectrum and 20000K being the blue.
I would trade out one of the 460 Actinics with a 10000K to give you a whiter experience.
Maybe someone might have different spectrum's that you could try, before you buy. or
you could buy another 10000K now, to try if you don't like the look, just hold onto it for future bulb change.
I have the metal halides with the actinic power compacts, I just bought 50/50 actinics to trade out my front actinics for a whiter look. I haven't changed them yet I'll let you know.