• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Oasis aquatics year anniversary

There's an lfs in hacketstown called Oasis aquatics. They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary this weekend. I love the place. Local guys, super cool, like to talk shop. If you are into checking it local lfs's and you're local, I'd suggest checking them out. They always got cool stuff.

Salted

NJRC Member
Hmmm. @DYIguy and myself went there a few months ago. Our experience was quite different than what you’re describing. We walked out quite disappointed with everything we saw. Not much of a selection of fish or corals. Tank labeling did not correlate with what was in the tank and pricing was on the higher side. I asked about something and none of the three people at the counter seemed very interested. We left agreeing that was a waste of a trip and wouldn’t go back.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
There's an lfs in hacketstown called Oasis aquatics. They are celebrating their 1 year anniversary this weekend. I love the place. Local guys, super cool, like to talk shop. If you are into checking it local lfs's and you're local, I'd suggest checking them out. They
Hmmm. @DYIguy and myself went there a few months ago. Our experience was quite different than what you’re describing. We walked out quite disappointed with everything we saw. Not much of a selection of fish or corals. Tank labeling did not correlate with what was in the tank and pricing was on the higher side. I asked about something and none of the three people at the counter seemed very interested. We left agreeing that was a waste of a trip and wouldn’t go back.
I agree went last week and was shocked at some of the prices. $90 for a sickly looking coral beauty, a while back the had a skinny 4" naso for over $200.00. I go there from time to time heading to Philly Pretzel in Hackettstown

DYIguy

NJRC Member
i have to agree with @Salted. I stopped by once by myself- they just got a shipment of fish and were so excited they didn't even know I was in the store. Second time was with Tom, 3 of them never left the counter, even when we had questions- corals were overpriced, same with fish. I prefer to get my corals from fellow reefers, and my fish from a secret place

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sounds like the store in Forked River. Never went and stepdaughter lives across the street. Head they were very over priced and no selectio . So why bother.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I should add that Oasis did have fish I never saw in any other LFS- like scorpian fish

Everything seems pretty true. They were probably so excited about the new fish shipment they didn't notice you're in the store . They are higher priced but they are a good hour or more away from any where else you're gonna be able to buy any of the stuff they carry. Never stopped me from hanggling with them and walking out with a deal. Sometimes I go and there isn't much to look at other times there's sargassum anglers, unique puffers, rock fish, African Allard clowns, unique corals , rare freshwater shrimp, unique inverts like sea hares and Pacific urchins. And all of the larger fish are hand fed and super personable. There's like 4 or 5 fish I physically pet when we go there. It's definitely no reefco or absolutely fish, they are more like fish super markets, this is more of a local farm stand in comparison of that makes sense.