• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Office Nano tank recommendations for coral/invert QT

Rueric

NJRC Member
Hi all,

Looking to setup a new nano tank to place in my office to hold corals/inverts for QT.
I have a 32g flex for my DT and a 20g breeder for fish QT.
I'm coming out of my QT period in the next few weeks but 20G is a bit too big/much for my home office.

With this consideration, what do you guys recommend in terms of size/maintenance?
I'd like this to be relatively low maintenance with about 10-20% WC weekly, no dosing.

I'm thinking something with a lid to prevent evaporation at a minimum.
I would love to get a waterbox 10g but I think that's a bit too pricey (can't find a used one anywhere)
Other options include Fluval Flex/Evo 13.5 (Comes with lid and reef LED)
Or, I can go with something even smaller like a 5G.

Anyone set something similar up with recommendations?

Thanks

Reefco has the new AIO from Tideline (planet aquarium company). They had small from 8g to 20g in stock. The 8g is like $80. I bought a 20 peninsula and the build quality is the same as the waterbox from what I see. And it comes with a random flow nozzle in the bigger ones

Rueric

NJRC Member
Thanks, the design looks clean!
Starting to piece out the build now..
I have spare heaters already but I suspect I'd need a little wave maker..
Would a nero 3 be overkill for this type of build? or can I do with just the internal pump and rely on that for flow?
I have 2 AI 16HDs for my DT.. I like the light but I feel that for an 11G tank, it might be overkill too..

Cost Estimates:
Tank - $110
Used Nero 3 - ~150
Used AI Prime 16HD - $150

I think a 16HD would work fine for that tank. You can tone down the intensity.

i have a white one by the way for $160

Thanks, the design looks clean!
Starting to piece out the build now..
I have spare heaters already but I suspect I'd need a little wave maker..
Would a nero 3 be overkill for this type of build? or can I do with just the internal pump and rely on that for flow?
I have 2 AI 16HDs for my DT.. I like the light but I feel that for an 11G tank, it might be overkill too..

Cost Estimates:
Tank - $110
Used Nero 3 - ~150
Used AI Prime 16HD - $150
The Nero 3 on the 11g might be too much but give it a shot. If anything, you can upgrade the pump and that might be enough

Rueric

NJRC Member
The Nero 3 on the 11g might be too much but give it a shot. If anything, you can upgrade the pump and that might be enough
Good point.
Question, I am looking closely at the Tideline AIO 11g..
The dimensions are the following: Dimensions: 13.78”L x 13.78”W x 13.78”H
My desk width is only 9.5"... is there something I can place underneath to support the weight of the tank/glass so it's evenly distributed?