• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ORA's new Captive-Bred Kamohara Blenny

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Very cool blenny, and captive bred makes it that much nicer.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I was going to get it tonight, but it already sold. Divers Den only ships UPS which is horrible down near me so I can only get Saturday delivery when I order from them. However, when you order from DD you have to ship within two days so I have to order late on Wed or Thur night to get them to ship it Friday for Saturday delivery. We will keep our eyes out for another one.

I read an article on MR about this fish. Looks very much like an auratochromis (probably spelled wrong). That is an African cichlids (one of the more aggressive ones). I used to have a slight obsession with African cichlids. There have been studies that have linked African cichlids to the damsel/ chromic families.

Hopefully these blennies become more available, I want one.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
ORA just relased them, I believe this was the first one for sale. We found out the trick for ORA fish it to ask your local store who carries ORA. ORA will not put every fish on their list even if they have them so ask your local store to order them. That is how we got our gold assesor basslets from them and some other fish. Just make sure your store stocks ORA>