• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

PAINT

I need to paint my overflows in my new tank. Is there a special paint I should or should NOT use? I got some primer that works on glass and I was thinking about just spraying it after that.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sam,

I'm not sure you can use any kind of paint on the inside of the tank. Maybe you could cut some acrylic to the size of the overflows and silicone it on to them.

A guy on RC used Krylon Fusion on his overflows, it peeled off after awhile, might be worth a shot. Best bet is probably what Brian said and get some acrylic cut at a local glass/acrylic shop.

Tom

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You may be able to use some of that black background mylar stuff they sell at LFS's. I'm not sure what you would use to attach it to the overflows, though. Maybe a couple of spots of crazy glue to hold it in place and the weight of the water to press it flat. I never tried it but it seems like it would work without giving up any real estate.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's a good idea John!

You can try TAP PLASTICS for acrylic sheets, they are little expensive. There is a place on E-Bay called FRIGO DESIGN that has scrap pieces of acrylic. You can get acrylic in 1/8"

C

concept3

try using 5% limo tint (at your local auto store). it sticks to pretty much anything, you just have to make sure you squeegee out all the air bubbles. at $10/roll, you may even have enough to tint your back windows with it.