• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Petco - Somerville circle

Of all places that I found success at is a local Petco near the Somerville Circle in Somerville NJ. Go figure............

The have a good selection for a large chain store. The fish are more than healthy ( I have never seen a dead fish there.).
Recently purchased a 6+ inch Naso Tang for $49 bucks (which is loving his new home.) and a lawnmower blemmy for $16. Their prices are very good for their fish.

Not only that the sales people are not on comission and are not pushy. If you ask the sales people they will tell you if they got a certain fish to eat or not. They will even feed the fish to give you view to what your buying.

Apparently their business is taking off for saltwater stuff according to some of the personnel, they are a hell of lot cheaper than most places....

They have a nice little setup BUT!!!.They lied to me on the phone.I'm near there Watchung store and they were out of the 5 gallon seawater,so I called to the store your talking about.They said we have PLENTY of it (like a palet of it)So I drove 45 min. to get there and they told me they were out of it for a while.PISSED ME OFF to waiste 1 1/2 hrs and gas for nothing.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Reply to feeding before buying.
If someone feeds a fish for you to see if it's eating,if it does eat and you buy it rite then there is a great chance that the fish will puke up the food and foul the water it's in.If I find a fish and ask to see it eat I leave a deposit and pick up the next day..