• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pre-Order: Maxspect Gyre XF130

A new, smaller Gyre will be arriving soon to Marine Depot—so we just put the pump on the site so you can pre-order and reserve a unit from our first shipment.

Here are a few of the key differences between the Gyre XF130 and the recently released XF150:

• The XF130 has 35 watts of power versus 50 watts for the XF150.
  • The XF130 is 9" x 1.8" x 2.1" compared to the XF150's 11.8" x 2.9" x 2.4" dimensions
  • The max glass/acrylic thickness the XF130 can be used on is 1/2" versus 3/4" for the XF150

We anticipate delivery mid to late January.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
im very interested in ordering this powerhead. my only concern is about controlling it with an APEX. my gf got me an APEX for christmas so i'm trying to find equipment that it will work well with and utilize most/all of it's features via the apex controller.

anyone know if it has that capability?

Thanks for your inquiries!

ryanpal.. the Gyre comes with it's own controller. The controller includes: constant speed, pulse, alternating gyre and feed modes. They are working on an Apex compatible controller/adapter; however, there is no ETA at this time.

Sobo's Reef, these smaller XF130's should be great for aquarium up to 4'. If your aquarium is longer than 4', you will want the larger XF150.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

The Maxspect Gyre XF130 was shipped to us last Friday; we are just awaiting delivery and anticipate being able to fulfill all MD pre-orders this week.