• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Project BioCube (Lots Of Pics)

1320wrx said:
Your tank is lookin great. I think you have convinced me to get a Sunpod fixture. I've been lookin around at prices and found the 20" 70w on sale for $180.00. Since I am on a budget do you think i should get that. I want to be able to keep Zoos and Rics under it or does the 150w really make a huge difference. The stock biocube lighting is 36w so i will be doubling the light, will that be enough or should i just wait and get the 150w?

Steve

Thanks. Sorry it took a while for me to get back and respond. Um... I forget the size of your tank off the top of my head, but I'm thinking it's 29, right? If so, I'd go with the 150w. Just keep your eye out there. Good deals come along. I picked my 150w Sunpod up for 130 I think. I'm actually considering looking the 14k bulb, going to 10k and adding some small T5's with actinic, just not sure if that will give me what I need though...

Re: UPDATE

Ok. Figured some pics were due. Due to a recent issue with uh...well...we don't speak the name in this house (FW's) I ended up treating my tank and so far so good (knocking on wood violently)

Since I took everything out and dipped it before treating the tank, I saw this as an opportunity to change the scaping in the tank a bit. Not sure if I like it, but it is what it is for now... I do like it better than before though...

Here is a FTS (excuse the mess - Have to do some clean up today)

GEDC0764.jpg

GEDC0762.jpg

GEDC0753.jpg

GEDC0752.jpg

GEDC0727.jpg