• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Pump Recommendations - From mixing tub to sump/tank

I'm putting together a Brute Saltwater mixing station (finally). I'm planning to use a submersible pump. Looking for pump recs...
I'm planning to go from the brute directly to the sump for "clean" water...which is 30-35 linear feet away, and max head height would be 3ft (3ft to get out of the garbage can, and 2ft to get over the lip and into the sump itself).

And I'll be looking for a second pump to push the saltwater (separate brute) directly to the tank (30-35 linear feet away and max head height would be 6ft.

What pumps would everyone suggest? And...what tubing?...
From the pump...female adapter to barb fitting to...what size? does it matter?

Last edited:

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I'm putting together a Brute Saltwater mixing station (finally). I'm planning to use a submersible pump. Looking for pump recs...
I'm planning to go from the brute directly to the sump for "clean" water...which is 30-35 linear feet away, and max head height would be 3ft (3ft to get out of the garbage can, and 2ft to get over the lip and into the sump itself).

And I'll be looking for a second pump to push the saltwater (separate brute) directly to the tank (30-35 linear feet away and max head height would be 6ft.

What pumps would everyone suggest? And...what tubing?...
From the pump...female adapter to barb fitting to...what size? does it matter?
i would probably use pex piping thats what i used on mine and depending on what you really want to spend on the pump i use amazon pumps nothing fancy... i used a $60 2500gph return pump on mine and its about 25 feet away from my tank
i ran a cat6 wire to my auto refiller which i spliced into the fill sensor so once my sump level goes down it turns the auto refiller on which turns the pump on and itll fill my sump pretty straight forward works for me no issues
ive seen people spend $400 on a return pump but hey if you got the cash go for it... mine breaks ill just amazon another one with out spending $400.